- Your account will be automatically created for you when you become eligible for studentmail.
- All currently enrolled McMaster full-time and part-time students, who are not permanent full-time McMaster employees, are eligible for Google Apps for Education email.
- Eligibility for email accounts is dependant upon your enrolment status. You must be enrolled in classes to be eligible for your email.
- Upper level students will have their email accounts continue as long as they are enrolled in classes.
- Access to Google Drive, Calendar and related documents through your McMaster account will expire when your student email account expires. An expired account is subject to deletion.
- The web login for your student email account is https://studentmail.mcmaster.ca
What’s Included in Google Apps for Education
At this time, students have four Google Apps they can use for the duration of their stay at McMaster.
- Google Email: this is the official way students must communicate with staff and faculty members. This email account is separate from your personal Gmail account.
- Google Drive: this is a cloud-based storage drive which provides up to 5 GB of data and is available anywhere the student is connected to the interent.
- Google Docs: this is an online word processing and real-time collaboration tool which allows for spreadsheets, text documents and presentations. These are compatible with Microsoft Office programs and can be stored in Google Drive.
- Google Calendar: this is an online calendaring system that syncs events from email, invites, and all other activities students need to organize.