Regular maintenance must be performed on IT systems to ensure they are operating efficiently and securely. Many of these maintenance procedures require operating efficiently and securely interruption for the duration of the procedure. Systems include services such as software applications, servers, voice, video and data communications, local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), wireless networking (WLAN), internet and ORION. Campus locations include:
- The main University campus (1280 Main St. W)
- One James North (1 James N)
- David Braley Health Sciences Centre (100 Main St. W)
- Ron Joyce Centre (4350 South Service Rd, Burlington)
Due to the size, complexity and integration of McMaster’s IT systems, UTS is identifying a monthly maintenance window for the year so you may better plan your activities in advance.
Standardized Maintenance Windows
UTS has established the following standardized maintenance windows for repairs, installations, upgrades, testing, patches and other processes and procedures which may cause limited or no access to IT system resources. During the scheduled maintenance window, you may experience anything from slow response, limited access, to no connectivity; or you may experience no interruption whatsoever.
If you’re looking for a list of known service disruptions or scheduled maintenance, please visit the UTS Service Dashboard
Systems & Network Maintenance 2020-2021
|December||Sunday, December 20th 2020||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|January||Sunday, January 24th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|February||Sunday, February 28th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|March||Sunday, March 28th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|April||Sunday, April 25th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|May||Sunday, May 30th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|June||Sunday, June 27th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|July||Sunday, July 25th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|August||Sunday, August 22nd 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|September||Sunday, September 26th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|October||Sunday, October 24th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|November||Sunday, November 21st 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
|December||Sunday, December 19th 2021||6:00AM – 12:00PM|
Monthly Mosaic Maintenance 2021
|January||January 22nd – 23rd 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|February||February 26th – 27th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|March||March 26th – 27th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|April||April 23rd – 24th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|May||May 28th – 29th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|June||June 25th – 26th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|July||July 23rd – 24th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|August||August 20th – 21st 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|September||September 24th – 25th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|October||October 22nd – 23rd 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|November||November 19th – 20th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
|December||December 17th -18th 2021||Friday at 5:00PM – Monday at 8:00 AM|
While not every maintenance window may be utilized, it is important to set aside the time and encourage the campus community to plan accordingly.
Maintenance is restricted to “Emergency Only” during the following times:
- Exam windows during the fall and winter terms.
- Enrolment dates during the summer.
- Week before and first week of classes for fall and winter terms.
- Planned maintenance activities will be announced on the UTS Service Dashboard page. An email distribution to the McMaster community will be sent when a planned maintenance activity may cause a significant outage or occur/extend past the normal maintenance window.
- There may be occasions during an emergency or time-critical event where notification may be made after the maintenance procedure has been completed.
- Emergency and time-critical maintenance or repairs may be performed outside of the normal maintenance windows and performed with minimal or no prior notifications. Post-event notifications will be sent.
- Off-campus providers (such as internet or telecommunications providers) may have different maintenance schedules which are outside the control of UTS.
- Localized outages, with agreement of local building administrators, may occur outside of the normal maintenance windows