- Event Organizer/Technical Contact
- Email Address
- Phone Contact
- Department/Faculty Hosting Event
- Event Name (URL)
- Number of Guests (indicate how many guests will be accessing the Wi-Fi)
- Event Locations (please let us know which building(s) at McMaster your event will be held in. If your event will be held across the main campus please indicate ‘campus wide’)
- Event Start Date
- Event End Date
General Setup Information:
- Network/SSID: “Mac-Events”
- Username: N/A
- Password: *will be provided
- Network Authentication Method: WPA2
- Data Encryption Method: AES
- EAP Type: PSK
- Certificate Type: COMODO RSA Certification Authority
- Certificate Name: wireless.mcmaster.ca
How do I use this service?
UTS will review your request and supply a password using the JIRA Service Desk ticketing system (MacID authentication required). A username is not required, just a password. Please provide at least 5 business days for preparation prior to your event.
Once your Service Desk ticket is processed and approved, a member of UTS will contact you with confirmation and a password. The network name is Mac-Events and will appear in your computers list of available Wi-Fi networks. Simply click on it and enter the provided password when prompted. No username is needed. Devices requiring additional setup information might need one or more of the following:
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Mac-Events may be provided wherever McMaster Wi-Fi service is available including remote offices and buildings.
Mac-Events is for use by authorized guests and McMaster Staff only. Users of this system are expected to abide by the McMaster University Information Security Policy. Unauthorized use of, or access to, this network is forbidden.
The network is intended for conferences and events that have 10 or more guests that do not have a McMaster ID and cannot use the Eduroam guest network.
The password provided cannot be tailored to your event. This is due to the possibility of multiple simultaneous events or conferences needing the same service.
Mac-Events is intended for short duration conferences and events. For events which last longer than 7 days, temporary individual guest access accounts must be used.
Please provide five business days of notice to UTS prior to event date.
Mac-Events may employ additional restrictions on access to content in accordance with our Information Security Policy.